June 06, 2014

Meet Millie + Marlowe!

Last October, my husband and I decided it was finally time to get a dog after being married a few months.  I had actually put a deposit on two puppies about four months before our wedding last year.  I don't know what I was thinking with moving into a new house, planning a wedding out of town, and a two week honeymoon in French Polynesia!  The timing wasn't right to get one before the wedding, but we were settled a few months later.  I researched online and was ready to go anywhere to pick up the perfect puppy! We decided on a mini Goldendoodle, because they are cute (!), less than 30 lbs, very little shedding, and smart!  I wanted one that was available immediately, so I found a reputable breeder in West Virgina that had a four month old F1 mini available.  The breeder is Countryside Doodles, and I highly recommend them!  

I saw this picture and knew we had to adopt her!  She looks a little sad, so I thought Tim and I would be the perfect couple to cheer her up and spoil her rotten!  She was the last one of her litter and the breeder said she followed her around everywhere!


It was going to be a six hour drive, so instead I flew to DC, and the breeder brought our new puppy to meet us at the airport!

We decided to name her Millie (or I did, and my husband went along with it :) and she was 4 months old and 16 lbs. on the day we picked her up.  Luckily for us, she was mostly trained! She was in serious need of some grooming though!!!


I didn't have a dog growing up, so this was a new experience for me! Of course, I thought it would be fun to dress her up (which I don't do anymore... she's not the biggest fan!). 


Millie was super shy and of course I loved on her and gave her attention all day long (probably way too much!).  She did come out of her shell a little when she played with my cousin's dogs down the street.  So, we thought it might be better for her if she had a permanent playmate!  I talked to our breeder and she had a litter ready to go home in February (4 months after we got Millie).  We decided on a male, who happened to have the same miniature poodle dad as Millie!  However, Millie's mom is a golden retriever, while Marlowe's is a goldendoodle (so he is an F1b).

Meet Marlowe!!!

This time, my husband and I decided to have the breeder meet us half-way in Roanoke, Virgina, so we could bring Millie in the car with us.  I was really nervous, because Millie was really well behaved, quiet, and mostly potty trained!  We were in for a treat with an 8 week old! 

Holding Marlowe for the first time!

First picture with big sis Millie and little bro Marlowe! 

Marlowe is the best to cuddle with! He's so soft! 

  Spooning.... so sweet!

Watching me take a bath!

Playing cornhole

As you can see from above, my pics above aren't the greatest (usually I just snap away with my iPhone!).  So, we recently decided to hire a professional pet photographer to capture our two little pups! We used Sarah with McGraw Photography, and she is amazing! I can't recommend her enough! Since Millie and Marlowe are almost 6 months and a year, we decided to stay in our backyard where they are more comfortable, instead of trying to let them roam around in public without leashes.  You can read more about our fun session on Sarah's blog.  Hope you enjoy the pics as much as we do!








































 photo signature_zps40c15323.png

 photo footer-facebook_zps3e9ccc02.png photo footer-twitter_zps85fb7d1f.png photo footer-pinterest_zpsb66912ff.png photo footer-instagram_zps0583bc2f.png

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea to hire a professional photographer to capture Millie and Marlowe for y'all. They're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! Melt my heart! I am in love with Goldendoodles - we treat ours like a child! I absolutely love both of yours, what a sweet little family! Our neighbors have a Goldendoodle so it's fun for Ranger (ours) to be able to play with one on a day to day basis without owning 2 - we have the standard size so he's a big boy lol LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are absolutely precious and those shots are gorgeous! It is perfect that they have built-in playmates for life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh! those are amazing shots she got!!!! so so cute! hope you're doing well! xo

    ReplyDelete