May 02, 2014

Mother/Daughter Vacay!

I'm super close with my mom, and we love traveling together!  A few months ago I asked her if she wanted to go somewhere in May.  I was thinking somewhere tropical, so she agreed to go with me to Turks & Caicos and stay at the Gansevoort.  We had that booked, but a few weeks later we both changed our minds!  Mom is in Naples, Fl during the winter, so she's already been on the beach for the last few months.  Both of us agreed that we would just go get sun and eat a lot, and that maybe we should do something else instead (Although this sounds super fun, I feel that all I've been doing is eating lately!!).  We both worked so hard before my wedding (last July), but have totally dropped the ball since then.  Therefore, we decided to do our favorite mother/daughter trip instead- A Spa Trip!!!!


We usually go to Canyon Ranch in Tucson, and I can't recommend it enough! However, this time we decided to try somewhere new- The Golden Door in Escondido, California (outside of San Diego). We've heard amazing things about it.  There are 40 villas and each guest has their own.  You get a daily in-room massage, and all meals, fitness classes, facials, body treatments, personal trainer, laundry, hair blow out, and nails are included for the week!







I'll be back after my week of exploring Japanese gardens, hiking, yoga, daily massages, fitness classes, swimming, eating healthy and most importantly time with my sweet mom!!!

 photo signature_zps40c15323.png

 photo footer-facebook_zps3e9ccc02.png photo footer-twitter_zps85fb7d1f.png photo footer-pinterest_zpsb66912ff.png photo footer-instagram_zps0583bc2f.png

2 comments: