March 05, 2014

Welcome to World and Home!?


This isn’t my first blog.  I started one a few years ago with a focus on interior decorating.  I really enjoyed blogging, but slowly stopped posting when life got busy.  Basically Pinterest stalking and wedding planning took over my life.  Now that things have calmed down, I’ve decided to start a new blog to share my thoughts on decorating, travel, entertaining, style, and my life! Of course I plan to post about all things fabulous!


While I knew what I wanted to write about, it took me awhile to decide on a blog name.  I had several ideas, but my mom and close friends weren’t excited about them.  I thought I had great ideas, and even purchased several domain names! I wanted the name to encompass the areas I wanted to write about.  I finally decided on the French words monde (world) and maison (home).  There is something about French words that sound so sophisticated!

I'm a recently married North Carolinian with a passion for fashion, antique collecting, traveling the world (over 70 countries!), planning and hosting parties, decorating my home, and playing tennis. I can't wait to share my life with my followers!

I want to thank Laura of Laura Wyatt Design for designing my blog. Check out her blog Our Life in the Queen City!

Welcome to


I hope you'll follow along!!!

 photo signature_zps40c15323.png

 photo footer-facebook_zps3e9ccc02.png photo footer-twitter_zps85fb7d1f.png photo footer-pinterest_zpsb66912ff.png photo footer-instagram_zps0583bc2f.png

9 comments:

  1. Oh. my. goodness. I am so obsessed with your design (that Laura Wyatt, she's dang good!) and ridiculously excited to have you back in blog world!!!! In between being the cutest little world traveler, impressive party planner and amazing designer...you also need to mention that you're the momma to the two most adorable fur babies ever! Love you and can't wait to follow along!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christina! You're so sweet. That means a lot coming from such a seasoned blogger :) I made sure to put a pic of my sweet pups in my about me page. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horray! I found you through Carolina Charm and am so excited to start following you! Can't wait to see the great things to come! :)

    Tattered to Taylored

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so glad christina shared your blog. i can tell i'm going to swoon over your posts. swoon i say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Just popped over from Christina's blog...and in total stalker fashion...I think I recognize you from McKinsey's instagram?! Kins and I were suitemates in college!! :) Anyway...HI! YAY for your new blog and all things lovely and fabulous in it! Cheers to you today!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to find your blog through Christina!! Love love those doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! So excited for what's to come for Monde et Maison! Thanks so much for the mention! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you through Carolina Charm...so excited to read about your travels! Any advice on Eastern Europe? Going there this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of this & cannot wait to "get to know you" more! I found you through Christina's blog & any friend of hers has to be a great girl! Have a great weekend!

    Shayna

    ReplyDelete