March 19, 2014

Organizing Food for Parties

It's no secret that I love to host a good party!! This past weekend my friends and I hosted a baby shower (first one I've done!) for our good friend Christina from Carolina Charm.  For this party, just like all others I host (no matter how small or large), I always do a spreadsheet of what food will be served and what serving pieces I will use.  This way, I can lay everything out before the event, make sure it is washed, and create less stress for myself on event day! Below are steps I take to organize food before parties! This one is from an engagement party I did a few years ago.

STEP 1: List all food (and/or beverage) for the party.


STEP 2: Make a food spreadsheet with a picture of the food/bev item and the container you will be using.

Garden Gathering Engagement Party

STEP 3: Lay out all serving pieces a day or two before the party.

{This step requires a trip to my basement! I try to keep all party supplies organized by type and labeled in plastic containers}


STEP 4: On the day of the party, use the spreadsheet and place food in the appropriate serving pieces.



STEP 5: Put out the food and enjoy!!! 












{cupcakes!}








Photos: Jen + Chris
Tables/Linens: Party Reflections
Containers/Votives/ Serving Pieces: All my own 

 photo signature_zps40c15323.png

 photo footer-facebook_zps3e9ccc02.png photo footer-twitter_zps85fb7d1f.png photo footer-pinterest_zpsb66912ff.png photo footer-instagram_zps0583bc2f.png

10 comments:

  1. Love this! I always try to make a list of everything I'm making & so fort but, definitely need to get in the habit of setting things out ahead of time for ease on the day of the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! The party basement...one of my favorite rooms in your house!!! So many goodies! And you are so dang organized when it comes to party planning and it shows in the final event! Love this post...and definitely think your followers deserve a FULL garden party post soon!!! Too good not to share!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw pictures of the baby shower you threw and it was GORGEOUS! I am also quite jealous of your basement and all those goodies!
    Thanks for the tips, I learned a few new things so hopefully that will help to elevate the level of my next party a tad :)

    www.goingupupandaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, totally jealous of your basement stock pile!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. swoon! i'm swooning for the party AND your amazing basement full of goodies. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your blog (first visit & discovered by Christina's blog) & just have to say you have crazy talent when it comes to throwing a beautiful party! Add me to the list of people swooning over your basement stock pile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!! Where did you get your 3 tier stands from?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also would love to find out where you purchased the 3 tier stand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I love those stands as well, I was hoping you would mention where you got them or how you made them.

    ReplyDelete